- 300 g cake flour
- 1 t bicarbonate of soda
- 1 T cornflour
- 1 t fine salt
- 170 g butter
- 200 g light brown sugar
- 130 g caster sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 t vanilla paste
- 150 g Woolworths white chocolate drops
- 150 g strawberries, hulled and halved
- For the strawberry ripple cream:
- 400 g strawberries, halved
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 40 g caster sugar
- 1 cup cream, whipped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 23 x 23 cm baking tin with baking paper and grease with cooking spray.
2. Combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cornflour and salt. Heat the butter in a pan until brown and foamy. Place the sugar in the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and whisk in the butter at a high speed.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking between each addition. Add the vanilla paste. Add the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Fold through the chocolate drops and strawberries.
4. Spoon into the tin and bake for 30–35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin until completely cool, about 1 hour.
5. To make the strawberry-ripple cream, place the halved strawberries in a saucepan with the lemon juice and caster sugar. Simmer until jammy. Add a dash of water if you like to loosen. Allow to cool, then fold through the whipped cream. Serve with the blondies.
Photograph: Sadiqah Assur-Ismail
Production: Hannah Lewry and Claire-Ellen van Rooyen
Food assistant: Claire-Ellen van Rooyen