- 350 g risotto rice
- 3 cups hot vegetable or chicken stock
- About 250 g ricotta
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Crumbled crispy bacon or finely grated Parmesan (optional)
- For the mushroom-and-celery salad, mix together:
- 250 g portabellini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 long sticks celery, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup finely chopped salad onions (green and white parts)
- Flaky salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Select a round, fairly deep metal or ovenproof glass bowl, 20 cm in diameter. Oil well or coat with cooking spray.
Place a circle of baking paper in the bottom of the dish. Add the rice and hot stock. Cover with a sheet of oiled baking paper.
Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid absorbed. Invert onto a suitable platter.
Top with crumbled ricotta and some seasoning, and spoon over the mushroom-and-celery salad.
If you like, sprinkle with bacon or Parmesan.
Cook’s tips: Try 125 g crumbled feta instead of ricotta, or, instead of the mushroom, use thinly sliced baby marrow.
Per serving: 2158.7 kJ, 14.4 g protein, 27.9 g fat, 50 g carbs
Remember, the better the stock, the better the rice will taste.