- Whisk 4–6 free-range eggs with a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat 2 T olive oil in a nonstick pan over a medium heat.
- Pour in the beaten eggs, then swirl around the pan a few times.
- Once the omelette has almost set in the middle and the edges are cooked, spoon over a dollop of crème fraîche, 1 T snipped chives and 100 g blanched asparagus onto one half of the omelette.
- Loosen the edges of the uncovered half from the sides of the pan using a spatula, then flip onto the side covered by the toppings. Cook for a further 20 seconds, then slide out of the pan onto a plate. Serve immediately.
- Preheat the grill. Separate 6 free-range eggs. Beat the whites until stiff peaks form and beat the yolks separately with 2 T cream. Just before you are ready to cook the soufflé omelette, fold the yolks into the whites and season to taste.
- Melt 1 T butter and 1 T olive oil in a cast-iron or ovenproof pan over a low heat. Add the egg mixture and cook for 3 minutes until the edges are golden. Remove from the heat and place under the grill.
- Grill for 1–2 minutes or until golden brown and set.
Serve with: A dollop of crème fraîche, 1 T snipped chives, 100 g blanched asparagus and a squeeze of lemon juice.