- 4 x 200 g salmon fillets portions, skin on
- 2 t olive oil, plus extra for rubbing
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 whole baby fennel, finely sliced
- 1 celery stick, finely sliced
- 3 t capers
- 2 t lemon juice
- dill a few sprigs, finely chopped
- roasted vine tomatoes, for serving
- asparagus spears blanched, for serving
Rub the salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Fry, skin-side down, in a hot pan for 3 minutes, or until the skin is crispy, then turn and cook for a further 2 minutes until sealed but still a little pink in the middle.
Toss the salad ingredients with the lemon juice, dill and olive oil.
Serve the fish and salad with roasted tomatoes on the vine and blanched asparagus spears.
This recipe was created by TASTE reader Michelle Koblischke for the November 2011 Readers’ issue of TASTE magazine. For all our readers’ recipes, as well as restaurants, books, gadgets and wines chosen by TASTE readers, visit our readers’ issue page.