- ½ cup soya sauce
- ½ cup oyster sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 x 2 cm ginger piece, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup honey
- 12 free-range chicken wings
- 1 T sesame seeds, toasted
- For the Asian slaw, mix:
- ½ baby red cabbage, shredded
- ½ baby green cabbage, shredded
- 3 rainbow carrots, sliced into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 1 celery stalk, sliced julienne
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 T good-quality mayonnaise
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Mix the soya sauce, oyster sauce, garlic, ginger and honey and marinate the chicken in the mixture for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 200°C, thread the chicken wings onto skewers and roast for 25 minutes, or until sticky and tender. Alternatively, grill on the braai, turning often, for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve hot sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds and the Asian slaw on the side.