- 200 g asparagus, blanched and refreshed in ice water, then sliced
- 2 small red chillies, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 T chives, chopped
- 1 t lemon zest
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 to 8 slices sourdough bread, drizzled with olive oil and chargrilled
- 200 g Danish feta, sliced
Place the asparagus, chilli, garlic, chives, lemon zest, salt, pepper and oil in a bowl and mix to combine.
Top the bread with slices of feta and the asparagus mixture to serve.
Cook’s note: Try a different version by substituting the asparagus with thinly sliced raw baby marrow or halved cherry tomatoes.