- 4 medium brinjals (about 250 g each)
- olive oil, for drizzling
- baby spinach, for serving
- baby cabbage, shredded, for serving
- For the filling, mix:
- 250 g smooth ricotta
- 150 g fior di latte mozzarella, drained and torn into shreds
- 25 g Parmesan, grated
- ¼ t dried oregano (optional)
- For the topping, mix:
- 40 g Parmesan, grated
- 6 T thick mayonnaise
Preheat the oven to 190°C. Halve the brinjals lengthways, then score the flesh in a criss-cross pattern. Oil lightly and bake for 30 minutes, or until very tender. Allow to cool, then carefully remove the soft flesh and chop.
Mix the filling with the chopped brinjal and season to taste. Spoon into the brinjal shells.
Add the topping and bake at 200°C for 10 minutes, or until hot and starting to catch.
Serve with the baby spinach and cabbage, lightly dressed with lemon juice and olive oil.