- 4 large sweet red peppers
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 300 g baby tomatoes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 150 g mozzarella pearls, well drained
- fresh tagliolini or tagliatelle, cooked al dente, for serving
- Parmesan, grated or shaved, for serving
Preheat the oven to 190ºC.
Halve the peppers lengthways then remove the cores and deseed. Place skin side down on a shallow baking tin lined with baking paper.
Line each pepper half with a basil leaf then fill with tomatoes. Season then moisten with olive oil. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the peppers are soft but holding their shape.
Remove from the oven.
Divide the mozzarella pearls among the pepper halves. Season again, moisten with the pan juices, then garnish each with yet another basil leaf.
Serve over the hot pasta and top with Parmesan.
Cook’s note: Mozzarella pearls are tiny mozzarella balls, available at Woolworths.
Per serving: 1800.9kJ, 19.5g protein, 20.6g fat, 39.4g carbs