- 8 medium beetroot, washed and trimmed
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 150 g feta, roughly crumbled
- 50 g pine or pistachio nuts, toasted
- 2 baby spring onions, finely sliced
- 30 g crimson microherbs, to garnish
- For the dressing, mix:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, plus 4 t
- 1/4 cup chutney , plus 4 t
- 4 t balsamic vinegar
Cook the beetroot in boiling water for 15–20 minutes, or until tender. Remove from the heat and rinse under cold running water. Rub your hands with oil or wear gloves to prevent your skin from staining, then peel the beetroot and allow to cool completely.
Halve or quarter the beetroot and mix with the red onion. Place on a platter and top with the feta, nuts, spring onions and microherbs. Or chill until needed.
Pour the dressing over the salad before serving.
Siba’s tip: You can also parcook the beetroot for extra texture.