- 400 g white béchamel sauce
- 3 T butter
- 100g g (plus 50 g for serving) hard cheese, grated
- 200 g beef biltong, sliced
- 500 g rigatoni pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 200 g mozzarella
1. Heat the béchamel, add the butter and allow to melt.
2. Add the cheese and take off the heat. Fold through the biltong, reserving some for serving, then toss the cooked rigatoni through the sauce, season, and pour into a baking dish.
3. Top with mozzarella and bake on grill until golden brown.
4. Serve with an extra sprinkling of hard cheese.
Photograph: Jan Ras
Production: Bianca Strydom
Food assistant: Ellah Maepa