- For the chicken:
- 1.2 kg Woolworths portions of chicken
- 2 T Woolworths Harissa Spice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil or canola oil
- 1 chilli, chopped
- 10 g chopped rosemary
- For the flatbread:
- 260 g flour
- 200 g yoghurt
- 1 t salt
- 1 T cumin seeds
- For the watermelon salsa
- 1 Woolworths Watermelon Snack Pot
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 10 g fresh coriander, chopped and added to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 T olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Crème fraîche or cooling plain yoghurt, for serving
1. Combine the ingredients for the marinade and spoon over chicken. Rub into chicken and marinate for an hour. Keep any excess marinade aside for basting.
2. Grill the chicken over medium-hot coals, basting as you go, until tender and cooked through.
3. Combine ingredients and knead into a smooth dough. Rest before rolling out.
4. Place on braai grid over medium coals and keep turning with tongs until slightly charred, bubbly and cooked through.
5. Cut up a snack pot of watermelon and combine with chilli, coriander, lime juice and a dash of olive oil.
6. Serve the chicken warm with flatbreads and watermelon salsa. Enjoy with a dollop of Crème fraîche or cooling plain yoghurt.