- 600 g x 1 sirloin steak
- 2 T canola oil
- 4 T butter
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- For the slaw:
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, thinly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 1 baby green cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ cup coconut yoghurt
- 2 T fish sauce
- salt, to taste
1. Allow the steak to come to room temperature. Brush with canola oil and braai over hot coals for 5 minutes per side, then rest for 10 minutes.
2. To make the slaw, toss all the ingredients together.
3. Heat the butter in a pan on the braai until browned. Drizzle the steak with the brown butter, season and serve with the mustard and slaw.
Photograph: Robbert Koene
Food assistant: Kate Ferreira