- 1 x 3.5–4 kg whole Norwegian salmon, head and tail intact, butterflied and deboned
- Seafood rub, to taste
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 T butter
- 3-4 small onions, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, cored and sliced
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- Fresh dill or oregano a handful
Place each half of the fish on three layers of tinfoil and season liberally inside and out. Rub each half with garlic and dot with the butter.
Layer both sides with the onions and peppers and tomatoes. Scatter with the dill or oregano.
Wrap both halves tightly in tinfoil. Cook over medium coals for 30 minutes, turning every 5 to 7 minutes.
Note: the salmon should still be pink inside.
Read more about Chef Siba's three-course feast on the braai.