- 1 brinjal
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g chabis or 1 x log chevin
- 1 cup black olives, pitted
- 2 anchovies
- 1 t capers
- 2 T blackberry jam
- 2 thick slices of nut-and-olive
- bread or olive ciabatta, warm
- a handful of fresh mulberries, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Slice the brinjal in half and place, flesh side up, on a baking tray. Season with salt and pepper; and sprinkle generously with oil.
Cook until soft and golden brown then top with the sliced cheese and return to the oven to melt.
Using a food procesor, coursely blend the olives, anchovies, capers and jam.
Remove the brinjal halves from the oven and place on slices of warm bread or ciabatta.
Top with the tapenade and garnish with berries.
Cook's note: Without doubt, the combination of bitterness and sweetness gives this spread a new dimension.
Per serving: 2475,9 kJ, 9.4 g protein, 38.9 g fat, 39,8 g carbs