- 1-2 brinjals (about 500g), thinly sliced lengthways
- olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 extra-large free-range eggs
- 1/3 cup cream
- 2 T chopped Italian parsley
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan
- green or tomato-and-red-onion salad, for serving
Preheat the oven to 190°C.
Arrange the brinjal in single layers on baking sheets lined with oiled baking paper. Brush with olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes or until tender. Remove and season.
Line a greased 23cm tart tin with baking paper to prevent leaking. Place on a baking pan. Arrange the brinjal in the tin to form a base.
Beat the eggs and cream. Stir in the parsley and Parmesan. Season to taste.
Pour into the tart tin and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and set.
Serve with the salad of your choice.
Variation: Use reduced-fat cream or full-cream milk instead of cream.
Per serving: 1257.7kJ, 14.1g protein, 23.3g fat, 5.4g carbs