- 20 g cracked black pepper, plus 1 t for serving
- 50 g butter
- 500 g Woolworths gnocchi
- 50 g Parmigiano reggiano, grated, plus 30 g for serving
1. Toast the black pepper in a dry pan over a low heat for 2–3 minutes, then add the butter.
2. Once the butter has melted, add the gnocchi and cook for 3 minutes.
3. When the gnocchi is cooked, toss in the Parmesan and turn off the heat off. Make sure to incorporate all the cheese.
4. Serve with extra black pepper and Parmesan.
Photography: Jan Ras
Recipe: Brita du Plessis
Food assistant: Josh van Zyl
Masterfully made in Italy with the same passion, expertise and dedication as it was in the 12th century, Parmigiano Reggiano remains true to its heritage and taste. Artisan cheesemakers use traditional methods of production distinctive to the area of origin, to create the only authentic Parmesan cheese.