- 500 g linguini pasta
- 1 T olive oil
- 250 g diced wood-smoked bacon
- 2 cups leftover shredded roast chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 t paprika
- 1 t chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 25 g sachet chicken liquid stock concentrate
- 500 g cocktail tomatoes, quartered
- 200 g baby spinach
- 200 g plain feta, diced
- 15 g fresh basil leaves, shredded
1. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water, and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté the bacon until crispy. Stir through the chicken, garlic, paprika and chilli flakes and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the cream, stock and pasta water to the same pan and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5–7 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Season to taste. Return the bacon and chicken to the pan and stir through the tomatoes, spinach, feta and basil and simmer until the spinach wilts.
4. Toss through the drained pasta and serve immediately.