- 1 t smoked paprika
- 1 t curry powder
- 1 t Woolworths barbeque spice
- 1 t ground ginger
- 1 T garlic, crushed
- 1 t lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 4 free-range chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- For the base:
- 4 T canola oil
- 1 T butter
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 1 t rosemary, chopped
- 1 t thyme, chopped
- 1 t garlic, crushed
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced julienne
- 150 g cauliflower, broken into florets
- 150 g portabellini mushrooms, diced
- 100 g baby marrow, diced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- chilli flakes, a pinch
- 280 g jasmine rice, cooked
- 2 T salad onions, chopped
- 2 t parsley, chopped
- 1 T coriander, chopped
- 50 g Rosa tomatoes, quartered
1. Combine the spices, garlic, lemon juice and soya sauce and toss with the chicken strips to coat. Set aside. Heat a little oil in a large wok or pan, then stir- fry the chicken in batches until cooked through. Set aside.
2. To make the base, heat the oil and butter in the same pan. Add the onion and herbs and cook until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook until slightly browned.
3. Reduce the heat, then add the carrots and cook for 5–10 minutes, tossing frequently.
4. Add the cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes, adding a little water to deglaze the
5. Add the mushrooms and baby marrow and cook for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through but still have some bite. Season to taste.
6. Add the chicken and toss through. Season with salt and the chilli flakes. Add the cooked rice, salad onions, parsley, coriander and tomatoes and toss through until well combined.