- 3 chicory
- About 6 fresh dates, shredded
- About 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 jar labneh, drained, or 1 batch homemade labneh (see below)
- For the dressing , whisk together:
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and milled black pepper
Separate the chicory into leaves and toss with the dressing. Arrange on plates. Add shreds of dates Add labneh and sprinkle with pine nuts.
To make labneh or yoghurt cheese: Turn 4 cups of thick plain yoghurt into a strainer or colander lined with a clean white Jiffy cloth. Balance over a bowl.
Weight down with a can or two. Refrigerate for 3 – 4 days or until well drained and firm enough to roll into balls the size of truffles. Alternatively, use two teaspoons.