- 800 g skinless chicken breasts
- 2 fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 400 g leeks, sliced
- 1 small sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon thyme leaves
- 1 handful Italian parsley, chopped
- 500 ml sachet ready cheese sauce
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sheet (400g) ready pre-rolled French pastry
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Heat a little olive oil in a large saucepan and fry the chicken breasts on both sides until just cooked. Remove chicken and set aside to cool.
Add the fennel and leeks to the pan and more olive oil if necessary. Stirfry for three minutes and remove from heat. Slice the chicken into thin strips and combine with fennel and leek mixture.
Stir in rosemary, thyme, parsley, cheese sauce, lemon zest and wholegrain mustard, and season. Fill two 500ml containers with the chicken mixture, leaving a 3cm gap on top.
Use a sharp knife and cut two 3cm-wide strips of pastry, long enough to go round the inside of container. Line the inside of the top part with the pastry. Fill with the remaining chicken right to the top.
Cut a circle to cover the top. Slice in half and place a half on each pie. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, turning the oven down to 180°C after the first 10 minutes.