- 2 x 400 g cans Italian whole peeled tomatoes
- 3–4 large cloves garlic, smashed
- 8 T olive oil
- chilli flakes, a pinch
- 4 whole small cauliflowers (about 1 kg), halved if larger
- 4 t ground cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¾–1 cup water or vegetable stock
- coriander, to garnish
- For the coriander pesto, blend:
- 25 g coriander leaves
- 2 T olive oil
- a good pinch ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- sea salt, to taste
- chilli flakes, to taste
Preheat the oven to 220°C. Place the tomatoes and their juices, garlic, 4 T olive oil and chilli flakes into a large, deep, oiled baking tray. Top with the cauliflower.
Mix the cumin with the remaining olive oil and season to taste. Spoon over the cauliflower.
Bake for 20 minutes, then pour in ½ cup water or stock and stir the tomatoes around. Use to baste the cauliflower. Roast for a further 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is bronzed and just tender.
Roughly mash the tomatoes and garlic in the pan, adding a little more water or stock if necessary. Check the seasoning. Serve the rough sauce with the cauliflower and coriander pesto, garnished with coriander.