- 450 g cubed room temp butter
- 350 g Muscovado sugar
- 400 g golden syrup
- 600 g self-raising flour
- 4 t baking powder
- 8 free-range large eggs 8
- ¾ cup milk
- 12 Higher Living ginger tea bags
- For the crumble mix:
- 50 g rolled oats
- 15 g butter, cubed, at room temp
- ¼ t fine salt
- For the berry drizzle:
- 1 cup Higher Living Very Berry tea
- icing sugar, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease a 30 x 23 x 4 cm tin and line with baking paper.
2. Add the tea bags to the milk – set aside and allow to infuse.
3. Using an electric beater with the whisk attachment, cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well in between. Add the syrup and beat to combine.
4. Sift the flour and baking powder together. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet. Squeeze out the milk from the tea bags, add the ginger-infused milk to the batter and stir to combine.
5. Pour the batter into the cake tin. Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
6. To make the crumble mixture, combine all the ingredients and rub the butter in until it forms a medium crumble texture. Put aside.
7. Remove the tin from the oven and sprinkle with the crumble mixture. Return to the oven and bake for a further 30-35 minutes until golden and baked through.
8. To make the berry drizzle, brew a cup of Higher Living Very Berry tea. Add a splash of tea to sieved icing sugar and mix to combine, until the drizzle is smooth and bright pink in colour.
Cook's note: This delicious gingerbread tray bake is both easy to make and wonderfully flavourful – thanks to the addition of some fragrant Higher Living teas. Enjoy!
Feeling like a cup of tea now?
Look into the variety of fantastic, organic tea blends by Higher Living – from the Ginger Kick we used in this video and the beautiful Very Berry tea, to the relaxing Chamomile & Vanilla, Strawberry & Watermelon, Golden Turmeric and a Daily Detox blend, there’s bound to be a cup of tea for every taste bud and occasion.