- For the curry sauce:
- 1 T oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 T fresh ginger, grated
- 3 curry leaves
- 50g sachet Woolworths tikka masala Indian curry paste
- 1x 400g can whole unpeeled cherry tomatoes
- 1 T tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 T olive oil
- 200 g Woolworths paneer, cubed
- 1 T Woolworths chermoula spice
- 6 free-range eggs, hard-boiled
- 4 Mediterranean flatbreads, toasted, for serving
1. To make the curry sauce, heat the oil in a nonstick pan and fry the onion for 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add the garlic, cumin, ginger, curry leaves and curry paste and cook for a further 3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. In a separate pan, heat the olive oil over a medium to high heat. Toss the paneer in the chermoula spice and grill in the pan until crispy.
3. Toss the hard-boiled eggs with the curry sauce and paneer. Serve with toasted flatbread and fried curry leaves.
Cook's note: Curry for breakfast? Yes, please! I love combining the tastes of India and North Africa in this flavour-packed recipe. Woolies’ paneer is great (obvs) but if you want to try making your own, follow TASTE online ed Amy Ebedes’ easy steps here.