- 150 g edamame beans, cooked
- 250 g green beans, sliced and blanched
- 1 x 400 g can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 x 400 g can butter beans, rinsed
- 1 x 400 g can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 150 g radishes, finely sliced
- a handful parsley, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely sliced (or pickled red onions)
- For the dressing:
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 T maple syrup
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Combine all the salad ingredients.
Combine all the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad. Mix well, cover and marinate in the fridge for a few hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve chilled.
Cook's note: How does Woolies come up with cool new food ideas year in and year out? It has a dedicated culinary centre that’s managed by Fay, who is a graduate of the Silwood School of Cookery in Cape Town. It’s here that she and a team of product developers experiment with the latest, trendiest ingredients and techniques. Non-negotiables at her Christmas table? Gammon with her apricot, thyme and almond stuffing, and her dad’s legendary five-bean salad.