- 450 g jasmine rice
- 1 stalk lemongrass, crushed
- 4 T rice vinegar
- 5 cm fresh ginger, finely sliced
- 1 daikon or 6 radishes, finely sliced
- 2 bulbs fennel, finely sliced
- Maldon sea salt, to season
Cook the rice for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and rinse.
Transfer to a steamer and steam with the lemongrass until cooked.
Remove from heat, drizzle with rice vinegar and cool slightly.
Combine the ginger, daikon or radishes, and fennel, and carefully fold through the rice.
Serve sprinkled generously with Maldon salt.
A salty, white, steamed rice dish, served in lacquer.