- 4 large baking potatoes
- Flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 500–600 g free-range rump steak
- Rocket, for serving
- For the sauce, blend together until emulsified:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 1 fat clove garlic, crushed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat the oven to 230°C.
Scrub and prick the potatoes then microwave for 8 minutes on High. Remove, roll in salt and olive oil, and place on a baking tray.
Bake in the hot oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until brown, crusty and tender. Turn once, halfway through baking.
Dry the steak with paper towel. Oil, then brown on both sides in a hot pan.
Place in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove and cut into 3 or 4 pieces.
Serve with the sauce, rocket and potatoes.
Per serving: 2704.8kJ, 27.2g protein, 47.4g fat, 24.4g carbs
Cook's note: Here are some tips on cooking steak perfectly
Using a quality steak and a quick method, this dinner’s a cinch.