Looking for the ultimate chocolate treat? These fudgy coffee-spiked brownies are it! We brewed a delicious pot of freshly ground coffee using Smeg's stylish Filter Coffee Machine and used it inside the brownies and in the double-chocolate and coffee ganache topping. You're welcome!
- 240 g butter melted and cooled
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 250 g sugar
- 200 g light brown sugar
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1 T vanilla paste
- 1 shot espresso
- 120 g flour
- 1 t salt
- 100 g good-quality cocoa
- 200 g dark chocolate, chopped
- For the ganache:
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 T espresso
- 100 g milk chocolate, chopped
- 100 g dark chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C and lightly grease a 24 x 34 x 5 cm baking tin and line with baking paper.
2. Combine the butter, oil and sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix well to combine. Add the eggs, vanilla and espresso, then beat until light and fluffy. Sift the flour, salt and cocoa powder, then fold into the wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in three-quarters of the chocolate.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared tin, smoothing the top with a spatula, then top with the remaining chocolate.
4. Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until slightly fudgy but set. Allow to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before slicing into squares.
5. To make the ganache, heat 1/2 cup cream until simmering then pour over the 200g chopped dark and milk chocolate. Allow to stand for 30 seconds, then whisk until smooth and shiny. Add a tablespoon of espresso then spoon it over the brownies.
USED IN THIS RECIPE: