- 2 T olive oil
- 3 T butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 baby green cabbages, quartered
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ¼ cup white wine
- 750 g–1 kg Woolworths gammon, cooked to package instructions and torn
- 200 g raclette
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large ovenproof pan, then add the garlic, onion and thyme. Sweat over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
2. Increase the heat, add the cabbage and brown slightly. Add the cream, stock and wine and season.
3. Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until the sauce is slightly reduced. Remove from the oven, turn on the grill, then add the gammon to the sauce. Top with the raclette and grill for 10 minutes.
Photographs: Myburgh Du Plessis
Food assistant: Bianca Strydom