- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 T chopped rosemary
- 4 large lamb chops
- For the Greek salad
- 4 ripe Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cucumber cut into thin rounds
- 1 green pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 x 200 g tub Greek feta
- 1 x 120 g packet black kalamata olives
- 3 T red-wine vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon zest and juice and rosemary. Marinate the lamb chops in the mixture for 2 to 3 hours.
Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot and fry the chops for 3 minutes a side (for medium rare). Remove from the pan and allow to rest.
To make the Greek salad: Combine the tomato, cucumber, green pepper and red onion. Crumble over the feta and dot with olives. Drizzle over the vinegar and season to taste.
Cook’s note: For added flavour, sear the chops over open coals.
TASTE's take: This recipe was created by New York chef Gabrielle Hamilton who serves it to actors, artists and the likes of Anna Wintour at her popular restaurant Prune. It's on 54 E 1st Street.