- For the black garlic butter, mix:
- 125 g butter, softened
- 8 cloves Woolworths black garlic
- 1 lemon, zested and juice
- 1 T freshly ground black pepper
- ½ t Maldon salt
- For the lamb ribbetjies:
- 500 g Woolworths Lamb ribbetjies
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves removed and roughly chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 heads cos lettuce, sliced lengthways
Place the garlic butter in baking paper and freeze until firm.
Rub the ribs with the olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Braai for 10 minutes on each side, or until charred.
Char the lettuce over a high heat on for 30 seconds on each side.
Slice the butter and allow it to melt on the hot meat to make a sauce. Serve with the charred lettuce.
Cook's note: A quick char adds delicious smokiness to whole heads of cos, endives and little gems, which have been cut in half and grilled cut-side down. Remove any limp outer leaves and make sure the fire is hot (you just want a quick sear for colou and smoky flavour). Brush the cut sides with oil, season and grill for 30 seconds per side.