- 12 clean langoustines (preferably from Mozambique), or an equivalent amount of prawns
- Extra virgin olive oil, coarse sea salt and black pepper
- For the sauce:
- 200 g butter
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- 30 ml lemon juice
- Peri-peri sauce of your choice
- 30 ml chardonnay
- 30 ml chopped Italian parsley
Melt the butter over medium heat. Add the remainder of the sauce ingredients except for the parsley. Simmer for a minute or two and set the pan aside.
Clean the langoustines making an incision down the middle, not cutting right through. Drizzle the olive oil over the flesh evenly seasoning with salt.
Pre-heat grill until hot and spread a thin layer of olive oil. Place the langoustines flesh side down and grill for about 2 minutes until the flesh is golden brown.
Turn the langoustines over into the pan of sauce returning the pan to a moderate heat, sprinkle the parsley over and coat the shellfish with the sauce.
Place on a heated platter with crisp rocket and Parmesan shavings drizzled with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and black pepper. Serve with lemon and lime wedges and freshly chopped chillies and coriander.