- Pinch of sugar
- 24 leeks, trimmed
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 Knockanore Oakwood Smoked Farmhouse Cheese into 8 thin slices
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 135 ml extra- virgin olive oil
- 1 tomato, deseeded & finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon superfine capers, (rinsed & drained)
- 1 tablespoon green olives, stoned & finely chopped
- 1 hard – boiled egg, chopped
Bring a large pan of water to the boil with the sugar and a little salt.
Throw in the leeks, return to the boil and cook gently for 2 -3 minutes.
Drain them well and dry on a cloth.
For the vinaigrette, mix the vinegar, mustard and tarragon together in a bowl and then whisk in the olive oil.
Add all the remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss the leeks and onions with the vinaigrette and adjust the seasoning.
Arrange on 4 serving plates, and drape 2 slices of Knockanore Oakwood Smoked Farmhouse Cheese over each portion and serve.
Cook's note: Knockanore Oakwood Smoked Farmhouse Cheese is available from selected Woolworths stores.