- 3 cups flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 2 t lemon zest
- 2 T thyme finely chopped, plus extra to decorate
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 1 cup Woolworths lemon-flavoured avocado oil
- edible flowers, to decorate
- For the icing:
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted
- ½ cups plain yoghurt
View this post on Instagram
1. Preheat the oven to 180°and grease a 25x6cm bundt cake tin.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, lemon zest and thyme in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
3. Add the lemon juice, yoghurt and oil, and beat until slightly emulsified. Fold in the flour mixture and combine well (do not overmix).
4. Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin. Smooth the top and tap the pan on the counter to get rid of air bubbles. Bake for 40 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool, then remove from the cake tin.
5. To make the icing, combine the icing sugar and the yoghurt until smooth. Pour the icing over the cake and decorate with edible flowers and thyme.