- For the barley risotto:
- 250 g barley
- 3 T butter
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 x 5 cm piece ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 2 T Woolworths miso paste
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups vegetable stock, heated
- 2 cups water, heated
- salt, to taste
- 1 T butter
- 2 t Woolworths miso paste 2 t
- 300 g shiitake mushrooms
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1 x 297 g box tofu, cubed
- 100 g asparagus spears
- 100 g Woolworths baby pak choi, halved
- 80 g sugar snap peas
- 40 g Woolworths hand-shelled peas
- 1 T sesame seeds
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- mint, for serving
- basil, for serving
1. To make the risotto, heat a large pan over a medium heat. Add the barley, butter, olive oil, onion, garlic and ginger and fry until the onions are soft and cooked through. Add the miso paste and wine and cook for a few minutes.
2. Gradually start adding the warm stock 1 T at a time until the barley is cooked to your liking. Add warm water to correct the consistency if necessary. Season with salt.
3. Heat the butter and miso paste in a pan. Pan-fry the mushrooms until golden.
4. In a separate pan, heat the sesame oil and fry the tofu until crispy on the outside. Fry the asparagus in the same pan. Meanwhile, blanch the baby pak choi, sugar snaps and peas.
5. To serve, pour the barley risotto into a serving dish. Top with the miso-fried mushrooms, crispy tofu and greens. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, sliced spring onions, fresh mint and basil.