- 2 cups Woolworths Cake Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 2 Whole Cobs Woolworths Fresh Sweetcorn or Mielies
- 1/2 cup Woolworths Sunflower Seed Oil
- 1/2 cup Woolworths Butter with Fresh cream
- 3 Woolworths Large Free Range Eggs
- 1cup Woolworths Fresh Milk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
In a large deep bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar well until emulsified.
Add the milk, oil, melted butter,vanilla extract and beat further until foamy.
Roughy grate the fresh sweetcorn or mielies and combine into this mixture.
Sieve dry ingredients and add slowly to the wet ingredients.
Mix gently until a creamy smooth, lump- free batter forms. Be careful not to over mix your batter.
Gently pour cake batter into a stoneware baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Tap baking tray on a hard surface to release any air bubbles.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees celsius for 1 hour.
Check to see if the cake is fully cooked through using a skewer.
(*Note:Cake should be moist and fluffy in texture when cooked.)
Allow the cake to cool thoroughly before serving.
Slice evenly into squares. Super-delicious served warm on its own.