- 1/3 cup Muscadel
- 2 t honey (optional
- 12 dried prunes, stoned and roughly chopped
- 250 g mascarpone
- Muscadel jellies (see below)
- 6 slices ready-made mini caramel-filled Swiss roll
- 6 pieces rose-water Turkish delight, chopped
- 6 pieces nougat, chopped
- 1 x 200 g punnet seasonal berries
- fresh mulberries or other seasonal fruit, to garnish
- white chocolate curls, to garnish
- fresh or crystallised rose petals, to garnish
Heat the Muscadel until lukewarm. Stir in the honey, if using, then pour over the prunes. Soak for 1 hour.
Combine the prunes, any extra soaking liquid and the mascarpone.
To assemble the trifle, use 6 small- to medium-sized glasses or a large glass bowl. Start with the mini Swiss roll, then layer with the prune mascarpone, Muscadel jelly, Turkish delight, nougat and fresh berries.
Top with another slice of Swiss roll and a spoonful of prune mascarpone.
Garnish with the fresh mulberries, white chocolate curls and crystallised rose petals.
Cook’s note: To make the crystallised rose petals, brush pesticide-free rose petals with lightly beaten egg white. Dust with caster sugar and dry in a warm spot overnight.