- 4 x 180 g portions Norwegian salmon
- 1 t dried fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 t dried coriander seeds, crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g watercress
- 50 g caperberries
- 4 T salmon roe (optional)
- 1/3 cup sun-dried Turkish balsamic vinegar reduction
- 2 limes, cut into wedges, for serving
Rub the salmon portions with the fennel and coriander. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
Heat a nonstick pan until hot. Sear the salmon on both sides until golden brown and medium-done in the centre. Turn off the heat and allow the fish to rest in the warm pan for 5 minutes, then remove the fish and allow it cool to room temperature.
Scatter broken pieces of the fish onto a plate, add the watermelon, watercress and caperberries. Top with spoonfuls of roe, if using, then drizzle with the vinegar and serve with the lime wedges.
Cook’s tip: Salmon roe is available at delis.
Per serving: 1607.9kJ, 39.2g protein, 7.1g fat, 42.6g carbs