- 400 g dorado, skinned, filleted and cubed
- 1 small organic onion, thinly sliced
- 1–2 fresh organic chillies, chopped
- 2 T chopped coriander leaves, plus extra for serving
- 2 organic avocados, peeled and cubed
- sea salt flakes, to taste
- organic crisp lettuce, shredded, for serving
Place the fish, onion and chillies in a glass or ceramic bowl. Pour over the lemon juice and mix together.
Leave in the fridge for anything from 3 hours to overnight.
Stir in the coriander and avocado and season to taste. Line small dishes or cocktail glasses with shredded lettuce and spoon over the fish and avocado mixture.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
Per serving: 1757.2kJ, 26.9g protein, 30.8g fat, 12g carbs
This variation on the popular Latin-American ceviche (in which acidic lemon juice "cooks" the fish, turning it opaque), is light and refreshing on the palate and makes use of a fish that is on the "green" list (not vulnerable). If you can’t find dorado, use another fresh and firm linefish.