- For the marinade, mix:
- 1 cup Woolworths plain cultured coconut
- 1 punnet Woolworths crushed garlic, ginger, chilli and turmeric
- 1 T Woolworths garam masala spice blend
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- salt, to taste
- For the fish:
- 600 g kingklip fillet, cut into 6 cm cubes
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 200 g Woolworths Padron peppers
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T fish sauce
- 1 t brown or palm sugar
1. Toss the fish, onions and peppers in the marinade, cover and chill for 1 hour. Thread the fish onto metal kebab skewers.
2. Heat a griddle pan until hot. Oil the pan and cook the sosaties for 5 minutes on each side.
3. Mix the cucumber, fish sauce and sugar and serve with the sosaties.
Cook’s note: Use salmon or hake instead of kingklip if you like. The sosaties can be made in advance and kept in the fridge. Use up any veggies you have in the fridge on the skewers too, baby marrows or tomatoes work well.
Photographs: Andrea Van Der Spuy
Food assistants: Bianca Strydom and Irinja Bekker