- 200 g Woolworths ready to eat or frozen cooked prawns, peeled, defrosted and drained
- 100 g julienne carrots
- 40 g roasted and salted peanuts
- 1 large free-range egg, beaten
- 1 fresh lime, sliced in half
- 2 T vegetable oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Basil leaves, to serve
- Box ingredients:
- dried rice noodles
- pad Thai sauce
- spice sachet
View this post on Instagram
1. Bring 1L of water to the boil in a saucepan. Add rice noodles and boil for 8 minutes or until al denté. Rinse under cold water in a colander and drain well.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add prawns, julienne carrots & chopped peanuts. Stir-fry for a few seconds.
3. Push prawn mix to one side of the pan; beat egg in a separate bowl and add to the empty side of the pan. Add the spice sachet contents to the egg & stir-fry for a few seconds or until slightly scrambled.
4. Lower heat, add the cooked noodles and the Pad Thai sauce. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until the noodles are heated through.
5. To serve, divide noodles into 2 bowls. Season to taste, if desired. Garnish with lime or lemon halves.
Vegetarian option: For step 2, replace the prawns with 200 g extra firm tofu, cubed. Fry tofu over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from the pan and proceed with step 3. Top the dish with tofu before adding freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice.