- 2 bulbs whole celeriac
- 4 T olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the dressing:
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 leeks, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 T Woolworths Cape Malay curry spice
- 2 T butter
- 2 lemons, zested and ju
- salt, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Rub the celeriac with the olive oil, then season. Roast for 45 minutes or until tender and caramelised.
2. Meanwhile, make the dressing. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat, then add the leeks and garlic and sauté for 10 minutes. Add the curry spice and butter and cook for a further 10 minutes.
3. Deglaze the pan with the lemon juice and heat through, swirling the pan so that the sauce emulsifies. Season and serve with the celeriac.
Photograph: Myburgh Du Plessis
Food assistants: Bianca Strydom, Jarryd Thesen, Mogau Seshoene