- 3 sweet red peppers, halved
- 6 oregano sprigs
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 T olive oil
- 100 g day-old ciabatta, broken into pieces
- 4 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 10 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
- 2 T Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 leaves chicory, roughly chopped
- 12 caperberries
- 1 x 35 g packet Woolworths Italian hunter-style salami
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 T Parmesan, grated
Place the peppers on a baking tray, top with a sprig of oregano, 4 smashed garlic cloves and drizzle with 2 T olive oil. Grill until charred and soft. Remove from the oven to cool. Once cool, remove the seeds, roughly chop the peppers and set aside.
Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the ciabatta and fry until golden. Finely chop the remaining garlic and add to the pan. Turn off the heat.
Mix the remaining except the Parmesan ingredients in a bowl. Add the roast peppers, toasted ciabatta and garlic oil and sprinkle over the Parmesan.