- 1 packet of Woolworths pillow pack rocket or watercress, rocket, mizuna mix
- 6 Woolworths Forelle pears
- 1 150g pack of Dalewood Wineland Blue Camembert
- 100 g walnuts, or pecan nuts if preferred, toasted
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 25 ml rice wine vinegar
- Verlaque sundried Turkish fig balsamic or a balsamic reduction
- salt & pepper to taste
Quarter pears lengthwise & remove core.
Then cut each quarter in half lengthwise again.
Put into an oven proof dish & char grill for approx 10 mins at 180 degrees C until slightly brown.
Toast the nuts in a dry pan until they brown very slightly. Set aside to cool.
Cut the cheese into very small cubes. Roughly chop the walnuts / pecan nuts.
Arrange the rocket on a lovely platter, place cooled pears on top.
Scatter with cheese & walnuts.
Season with salt & pepper.
Whisk olive oil & vinegar in small mixing bowl.
Pour the dressing over the salad & drizzle with Balsamic reduction.
Perfect as a light summer lunch served with crusty bread