- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T cayenne pepper
- 4 T home-made red curry paste
- 500 ml good-quality fish or chicken stock
- 250 ml coconut cream
- 4 t fish sauce
- 4 t oyster sauce
- Sesame oil a few drops (optional)
- 300 g ready-to-eat prawns
- 80 g ready-to-eat calamari strips
- 400 g cooked angel hair pasta or yellow noodles, for serving
- Fresh coriander a handful, to garnish
Heat the oil in a nonstick saucepan, add the cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute. Add the curry paste and stir. Pour in the stock and coconut cream and bring to the boil. Add the fish and oyster sauces and sesame oil if using. Add the prawns and calamari and cook for 1 minute so they absorb the flavours of the broth.
Divide the noodles between soup bowls, ladle over the broth, prawns and calamari and garnish with coriander. Serve warm.
Read more about Siba's Asian-inspired meals.