- 2 cups watermelon cubed
- 1 x 3 cm ginger piece, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 t coriander chopped
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 2 limes, segmented, plus 2 T juice
- 2 t sesame oil
- 1 x 400 g lightly smoked salmon fillet, cut into thirds
- 2 T olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- black sesame seeds, for sprinkling
1 Combine the watermelon, ginger, chilli, coriander, rice wine vinegar, limes and sesame oil and set aside to infuse.
2 Rub the salmon with olive oil, season the skin and place skin side down in a hot, nonstick pan and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until the skin is golden and releases from the pan easily. Turn and cook for a further minute, or for 2 minutes if you like your fish cooked all the way through.
3 Serve sprinkled with black sesame seeds and the watermelon salsa.