- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped chilli
- 100 g chorizo, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 500 g calamari tubes, washed and cleaned
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion, garlic, chilli and chorizo. Fry until the onions are transparent.
Turn down heat and add the rice, lemon juice and coriander.
Combine then remove from the heat to cool.
Fill the calamari tubes with the rice mixture. Secure the ends with a wooden skewer or string onto a metal skewer.
Place over a warm fire and fry for 5 to 10 minutes or until cooked.
Remove and season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
The calamari can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to cook.