- ½ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ½ t fine salt
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced into rounds
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mangetout
- 16 pea shoots (alternatively use watercress)
- 1–2 large avocados, sliced
Divide the balsamic vinegar and salt between two small bowls and stir until the salt has dissolved.
Stir the radishes into one bowl and the spring onions into the other. Leave both to marinate for 15 minutes.
Cook the mangetout in salted water for 1 minute until bright green, then tip them into a colander and rinse under cold running water to keep them crisp.
Place the pea shoots or watercress, mangetout and avocado slices on a platter, then spoon the spring onions and their marinade over the avocado. Place the bowl with the pretty pink radishes on the platter and let everybody compose their own salad plate.