- For the pastry:
- 200 g flour
- 2 t cocoa powder
- 50 g caster sugar
- 150 g butter, grated
- 6 T milk
- 1 t Muscovado sugar
- For the filling:
- 500 g strawberries, halved
- 50 g Muscovado sugar
- 1 T cornflour
- 100 g Woolworths white chocolate drops
- Woolworths vanilla bean ice cream, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. To make the pastry, mix the flour, cocoa and caster sugar in a large bowl. Rub in the butter using your fingertips until the mixture resembles a wet, sandy mixture.
2. Add the milk and mix until the dough just starts coming together. Turn the mixture out onto a floured surface and bring the dough together, taking care not to overwork it. Wrap in clingwrap and place in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes.
3. While the dough is resting, make the filling. Mix the berries, sugar and cornflour and set aside.
4. Once the dough has rested, roll out into a circle about ½ cm in thickness on a lightly floured piece of baking paper.
5. Place the chocolate in the centre, leaving a 4 cm border around the edge, then place the berry mixture on top of the chocolate.
6. Fold the pastry over the berries and gently press to seal the edges. Brush the pastry with a little milk, then sprinkle the Muscovado sugar over the crust.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, then serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Photograph: Toby Murphy