- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup julienned sundried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped
- Oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (do not use pre-packaged grated cheese)
Sift the flour, salt and pepper. Make a well in the centre and add the eggs, butter and milk. Gradually work into the flour.
Do this quickly without over stirring. This prevents the muffins from becoming tough. Fold in the tomatoes, herbs and cheeses. Place heaped tablespoons of the mixture in greased non-stick mini muffin trays.
Bake at 220°C for about 15 minutes or until brown and crispy on the outside.
Serve hot or cold. Must either be served on the day or can be frozen and served warm.