- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T-bone steaks
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 30 walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 30 g Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 5 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan over a high heat. Pat dry the steak using kitchen paper, season, then cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking.
Remove the steak from the heat and rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Toss the walnuts, parsley, olives and anchovies and dress with olive oil and lemon juice.
Slice the steak, arrange on a serving platter and serve with the parsley salad.
Cook's note: You’ll seldom find a large chunk of meat in Italian restaurants. Instead, they serve ‘tagliata’ – or sliced steak.